Some facts about filming The Untamed
- He hurt his arm, but almost no one knew then. We only know because of paparazzi pictures of him at the hospital. Even now, after so many interviews, he’s never mentioned it.
- Filming in 40 degree weather with layers of clothes and being hung in the air for half a day. He’s always been afraid of heat and sweats a lot, he’s the kind who can’t be without air conditioning, but when he talks about it he only talks about other people passing out in front of him.
- During that scene, he was eating raw fish with glue, you can imagine the taste. Media commented that he’s so professional, but his fans never boasted and only replied with ‘it’s what an actor should do.’
- For the Luanzanggang scenes he only casually mentioned that when he crawled he did hurt his hand.
- A “workaholic”, he gets up at 5AM, sometimes doesn’t wrap up even after midnight, he’s so tired he’s swaying, but never mentions that. In interviews he says he enjoys being a “workaholic”.
- When he attended 101 as a guest, he was worried he wouldn’t do well, and not only did he ask to practice more in the show, he also practiced when he had time on set of filming. It was his first time rapping, everyone said it was good. Is he really so naturally talented that he can do absolutely everything well? It’s just the repeated practice that no one sees.
- When he attended the audition show, he didn’t have a dance background. He just practices, practices until his toenail fell off, and he only asks “will it still grow back?” He got knee effusion, says he will still “dance tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and the day after that.” He was kicked in the chin, had throat inflammation to the point he couldn’t talk, but still performed well as the main vocal. Before when he hurt his hand, he was worried that fans would get worried, he hid his hand at the airport. Fans who were asking what happened just the night before all understood and stopped asking.
- When The Untamed was being attacked the most last year, he was filming the scene in the cave water. He later on said it’s an “unforgettable” scene. After filming, he smiled sweetly and said to his fans, “you guys be good.”
- He says he’s never gone through a systematic training as an actor, he’s worried about not doing well, he’s lacking confidence. His happiest moment was when the director told him he did well, and that he’s coming closer and closer to the character.
- He goes to acting class to study, and says that if he has time he will work on his script delivery. Everyone says his acting is good, he has talent, he brought Ah Xian to life, that’s because he really became Ah Xian, and lived out his life! That’s why he says those things to Ah Xian, that’s why whenever he mentions Ah Xian in interviews, he can so perfectly summarize his personality.
He might really have some talent when it comes to acting, but the hard work he puts in where we can’t see is definitely more than any talent!